Green breakfast smoothie
Updated on Jun 07, 2020 | 3 minute read
This is perfect way to start your day. A super fresh smoothie to make you feel fresh and alert.
It’s inspired by the smoothies that Joe Rogan and Rich Roll have in the mornings. If you’ve never had a green smoothie for breakfast, this one is worth a try. It’ll make you feel fresh and ready to go for the rest of the day!
This recipe makes one smoothie using a standard NutriBullet cup. That cup is around 900ml in size. If you don’t have a NurtiBullet, any blender that has a similar capacity will work well.
I normally measure the ingredients by eye so this is my best estimate of those measurements. You may need to play around with the measurements to suit your taste. In particular, if you don’t like a strong shot of ginger, try starting with a smaller amount.
- 1 apple
- 5cm length of cucumber
- 1 trimmed celery stick
- Large handful kale
- 2cm chunk of ginger
- 1 kiwi
- 1 heaped teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1-2 cup of water (around 250-400ml)
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of flaxseeds/linseeds
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- Cut the apple, celery, cucumber, and ginger into smaller chunks. If the ginger is organic, leave the skin on else peel it first.
- Peal the kiwi and cut into smaller chunks.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a NutriBullet cup.
- Blend for around 1 minute or until smooth. Depending on how thick you’d like it, you may wish to add more water.
This recipe works best with a powerful blender. Kale and Celery can have a stringy texture if they’re not blended enough. If this happens, try blending for longer.