Italian tomato sauce
Updated on Jul 05, 2020 | 2 minute read
Makes enough for two medium sized pizzas or pasta for two people.
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp organo
- 1 tsp basil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- lots of salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a small pan.
- Turn to medium heat and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add the lid and turn the heat too low. Cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take the lid off and cook to the right consistency. For a pasta sauce, an extra few minutes works well, for pizza paste, an extra 10 minutes works well. If you feel you’ve reduced it too much, just add a splash of water.
- If you wish to have a smooth texture, blend using a hand blender.
- Fresh ingredients always taste better but for convenience I normally use dried ones.