Keep it short
Published on Jul 11, 2020 | 1 minute read
Written communication can be time-consuming but it doesn’t need to be. When writing, I use the following rules.
- Keep it short. Less is more.
- Be explicit. Being passive can create lots of follow-up.
- Write for an international audience. Words can have double meanings that might offend or cause you to break rule two.
- Don’t be offended. Don’t read into tone. People are generally good.
- If it’s turning into a thread, jump on a call. It’s the equivalent of days worth of text-based communication.
This article was inspired by five.sentenc.es.