How to enjoy a holiday
Published on Jun 07, 2020 | 2 minute read
Each time we go on holiday, I try to distill why we enjoyed it.
The following is my list so far:
- Often, the most enjoyable moments are the unplanned ones.
- If something interests you, double down and explore.
- Walk down roads you least expect something interesting to be on.
- Do a walking tour. You’ll hit all the popular tourist attractions so you won’t feel guilty about not visiting them later. The popular tourist places are normally the most boring parts of a city. I’d recommend paying for a walking tour. The standard of paid ones is much higher than the free ones which often distill anecdotes rather than factual information.
- Keep looking up. Above the ground floor is always the most interesting view of the city. The ground floors are often modernized whereas the floors above are left as they were originally intended.
- Food is insanely important to us. Book good restaurants in advance. Like at home, good places get booked quickly so don’t expect to walk-in and get a table.
If you have any top tips, let me know.