Updated on Jul 29, 2020
- Simplicity: The best code is no code at all. Only create new things if absolutely necessary. Always look back to see what can be reused or improve upon first.
- Content first: Good design is invisible. It should allow someone to consume the content with ease and without imposing itself on the user.
- Future proof: Create a design system that is lasting. Easily managed in the future and easy for someone new to use.
The following is a list of design principles I really like:
- Dieter Rams “Good design” principles
- Tim Berners-Lee’s design principles
- Digital.gov design principles
- NHS design principles
- Microsoft’s Inclusive Design