Mixed Bean Chilli
Updated on May 25, 2020 | 3 minute read
- 2 x Finely chopped Red onion
- 4 Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 fresh, finely chopped chilli. Keep the seeds for extra heat. Alternatively, 1/2 tsp of chilli powder or however much you normally use
- 3tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 1tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 2tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 x chopped tomato cans
- 2 x black beans
- Optional, 1 x kidney beans
- Dark chocolate
- Cook the onions for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and fresh chilli. If you’re using ground chilli, don’t add it yet. Cook for another 5-10 minutes. The longer, the better.
- Add the cumin, smoked paprika, paprika and if you’re not using fresh chilli, the chilli powder. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato cans. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the beans. You can add almost anything here including peppers, potatoes and sweet potatoes to name a few. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on or if you’re using additional vegetables, until everything is cooked through. Add water if the sauce is starting to dry out.
- Add the dark chocolate and stir through.